Libro: Uncover




Clave: RPI9378

Título: Uncover

Subtítulo: See for yourself

Autor: Rebecca Manley Pippert

Editorial: UCCF

Clasificación: Estudio NT, English, Inglés, Evangelismo, Otros idiomas

ISBN: 9780755493784

Código de barras: 9780755493784

Reseña:

How can we discover and live with a deeper sense of life’s meaning? When I was an agnostic I investigated various religions, until one day it occurred to me that I had never read de Bible. I realized that for the sake of intellectual integrity I couldn’t reject something that I had never examined. I had to investigate the evidence and scrutinize the claims Jesus made about himself.

I vividly remember the first time I read one of the Gospel accounts that tell the story of Jesus. My impression of Jesus was that he was probably sincere, and no doubt always blissfully happy. Then I started reading the Bible. I was not prepared for how much of what I discovered would challenge my pre-conceived ideas.

Hare was Jesus: amazingly attractive, yet utterly exasperating. He claimed to be a Prince of Peace, yet he threw furniture down the front steps of the Temple. He claimed to be the Son of God, yet one of the chief complaints against him was that he wasn’t religious enough! This was not the kind of Jesus I had expected to encounter.

Maybe you’ve never read the Bible before. Or perhaps you’ve never looked at the life of Jesus with a critical mind. Whatever your story, one thing is certain: it’s impossible to make an informed decision without first investigating the evidence.

This guide is for anyone who is genuinely seeking, who has honest questions and who wants to investigate the real Jesus. Because of my own journey began in skepticism, I have chosen a similar approach for these Bible studies. It is not necessary that you believe in Jesus or accept the Bible as “divinely inspired” in order to use this guide. Rather, come to the accounts of Jesus as you would to any historical document, with an open mind and heart to see what you find.

Contenido:

Study A – 1. Standing Room Only
Study B – 2. Guess who’s coming to Dinner?
Study C – 3. You can go Home Again!
Study D – 4. Everybody is somebody to Jesus
Study E – 5. Game Over…?
Study F – 6. The Son also rises!






Préstamo


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Libro: Y ahora… ¿cómo viviremos?

Libro: Evangelio y Reino

Libro: Cava más profundo